macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    tech house beats??
    hey guys, im tryin to make some tech house music. i want a summery kinda vibe, steve lawler kinda style. all the synths im tryin to create the sound are really trancy. can any one recomend which ones i should be usin for a more techy sound? also they all come with the st delay on! i no i can just knock it off but is it a preset for them to all have them on? cheers drusif
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: tech house beats??
    I'm not familiar with Steve lawler's music... You can make practically any electro based sound using Logic's ES2 and the built-in plugins. True the presets aren't there... but that's the fun: playing around with them and making them yourself ;-) Then there's other good 3rd party synths out there like Rob Papen's synths, Vanguard, Albino 3 and sylenth (which gets a lot of kudos from producers I know). Hope that helps Rounik
  • drusif
    its basically really nice percussiony beats. yea ive had a little play with the es2. ive bought a couple of sample packs to to use with the exs. im tryin to find the right sound set first, so ive been goin to the channel strip and auditionin sound from there, should i open the es2 first and play them throught that. thanks for ur help
  • Rounik Admin
    In Logic you've got two levels of presets: 1. Presets for the actual instrument or effects plugin. With the library open and the track selected, single click on the ES2 (or whatever instrument) and you'll see a White highlight border. The librRy displays just the settings for the ES2. 2. Channel Strip Settings. These are combinations of instrument and effect plugin settings. Make sure the little rectangle at the top of the channel strip is highlighted (White border) and the library displays the channel strip settings. These might be based on any combination of instrument and effects - not just the ES2 - and they tend to be categorised by instrument type of sound type. Happy preset hunting (and tweaking) :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: