macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    set up
    hey guys. i wanna start gettin in to production much more but am to easily distracted! i reckon its partly cause my equipments not to good so i get board easily with it so wanna upgrade! at the minute im literally just usin logic 8 from my macbook pro with some tiny logiitech speakers plugged in and a emu midi keyboard. so first thing i wanna do is get some decent speakers so i can hear wat im doin! was gonna go for the krks, not sure which ones! wanna spend about £350, but also will i need an external sound card to run them through pre the mac. i also have the audio 8 interface for traktor, will that do me any use? tar much drusif
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: set up
    Hey drusif, It's difficult to recommend monitors (Pro audio speak for "speakers")... Most people would advise you to go to a pro audio store with a track you know well and test it out on different monitors. I use KRK Rokit 5's - which are very decent. Yes, the Audio 8 looks find to use as an audio inteface. :)
  • drusif
    yea i was told to do that. think ill go for the krks, ive wanted some for ages. as for the interface, i havent got a clue wat to do with it lol. i no how to use it for traktor but not logic. do i run my speakers into that? i no i can use it for a mic and it has midi in/out but my midi keyboard plugs straight into the laptop. think im gonna get another couple of tutorials as ur doin them half price again. cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Drusif Yes. You can connect the monitors to your audio outs and I suspect you have headphone outputs there too? Then as you mentioned you're good to connect your mic to the inout of the interface. You can try usibg it with Logic by selecting it in Logic's Audio Preferences /Devices tab. Hope it helps & enjoy the KRKs :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: