macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kiwicomposer
    Logic And External Effects etc
    I would love a Tutorial on adding and using external hardware with Logic.. ala sends and returns, effects processing externally etc. I had a quick scan of the Logic tutorials I have etc and can't seem to locate anywhere where there is a tutorial or tips 'n' tricks on combining "in the box" Logic stuff with external hardware.. Now OK the range of external hardware out there is enormous but I have a few "basic" devices such as Compressors, EQ's etc in external hardware and I think that it would be fun to see if there are any tips and tricks on using such stuff. So for the Logic Newbee a primer on external hardware and Logic and then for the more experienced a clever tips 'n' tricks (ala sidechains, gating etc) would be nice.. I am sure wise IGOR (or even the wiser SteveH) has a few ideas and suggestions!!!
  • Dydavee
    Re: Logic And External Effects etc
    Hi kiwicomposer, I cover setting up external FX with Logic, as far as routing and latency compensation goes, in video 58 of my tutorial (Logic's Latency Toolbox). As far as compressor tips and tricks go, there are a number of great MPV tutorials on this already. Off the top of my head, Olav Basoski's "Electronica Workflow Tricks", as well as "UA: All About Compression" have a lot of useful information. Tom
  • kiwicomposer
    Re: Logic And External Effects etc
    OK don't have that (actually those) tutorial so I guess that is another one for me to Purchase.. ;-) Nor Olav's or the UA one.. LOL Damn bank account being emptied again!!! LOL Cheers.. Steve
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: