macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Adam D
    EQ in Logic Pro??
    Hey, this may be one of those really obvious questions, but I'm stuck. I'm used to setting eq in a few different ways. I'm used to using knobs for higs, mids, and lows.... I'm used to notching out rattles and buzzes using a prametric eq or notch filter, and I'm used to using a 31 band eq. But I'm totally in the dark as to how to efficiently and effectively use the equalizer in Logic's channel strip. I'm deep into the MacProVideo training series, and I see them using it, but I still don't really get it. Is there a tutorial that anybody knows of, or a "how to" on this kind of EQ. (what is it anyway? Graphic EQ?) I'm sure I can get it, but clearly I'm missing something at this point. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks, Adam
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: EQ in Logic Pro??
    Hi Adam, The stock Logic EQ is a standard fare (but good sounding) 4-band parametric EQ with the addition of a low cut band, high cut band, low shelf (cut/boost) and high shelf (cut/boost). Parametric bands: - top row = center frequency - middle row = cut/boost amount - bottom row = "Q" (bandwidth) Any parametric EQ can be used as a notch filter by setting the appropriate amount of cut at a particular frequency and then setting the width (bandwidth) around that frequency band with the Q control. You said that you're used to using parametric EQ, so the above should be familiar. If it's not, post back and let us know what part is confusing to you.
  • markus
    Hi I'm not sure if I should be replying to this tech question as a sound newbie but video less-newbie. I am used to vertical sliders to be able to adjust frequencies but I don't see that at all in Logic Pro. Does it exist in there at all that sort of presentation? Thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    If you want to change the view of the EQ to sliders you can change it from Editor view to Control view. Though the sliders are horizontal no vertical. Hope this helps. [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_43264_14931_Screen_Shot_2013-09-26_at_5.47.53_PM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_43264_14931_Screen_Shot_2013-09-26_at_5.47.53_PM.png[/img] [/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: