macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Anand
    Cannot access Ivory II from Logic 9
    Hi Everyone, I just bought Ivory II for the first time. it works great as standalone but I unable to access it thru logic. ( thru to I/O route) I checked the AU manager and Ivory is enabled and ready. What could be the problem? I just checked some other threads. could it be that I am running at 64 and Ivory II is compatible only at 32. would appreaciate any help.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Cannot access Ivory II from Logic 9
    Not sure what you mean by "thru to I/O route". That aside, you could well try running Logic in 32 bit mode and find out very quickly if the 32/64 situation is part of the problem.
  • Anand
    ski, I saw another thread and posted the problem over there as well. I see ivory in AU manager in 32 bit mode. I do not see it in 64 bit mode. But I am unable to access it . Maybe I am doing something wrong. How do i access the Ivory plug in in logic?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Anand, To open a software instrument in Logic click/hold on the software instrument channel strip's Input slot and select it from under the Audio Units menu. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Anand
    thanks for the tip. I was trying to insert it into any empty slot... :-).
  • Rounik Admin
    Ahhh... do you mean you were trying to instantiate it as an Insert Effect slot? Cool. Glad to be of help! Cheers Rounik
  • Anand
    yes! sorry I am a total newbie with logic.I will be bothering you quite often i guess :-) It is surprising i did not find information on how to access an external plugin anywhere.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Anand, Interesting point. I guess I should've included this in one of the MPV Blog articles (Beginner's Guides). How to instantiate instrument plugins is covered in the Logic 101 though. So, of course, ask away with as many questions as you need to... it's no bother ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Anand
    I will look into more tutorials. I have one more question.I'll start a new thread. thanks, Anand
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: