macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dapacarter
    Logic 9 304 : Logic TNT3
    steve love your tutorials they rock dude / ok I attempting to build the FX On/Off switch for the inserts... once i have built the connections etc in the global environment how do I then move from the global view to the mixer view with the onoff button at the moment with my set up the on off swtich only works with the compression although i have followed each one of your steps exactly David.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 9 304 : Logic TNT3
    Hi David, In the top left of the Environment is a drop down menu where you can select which "layer" of the Environment you'd like to view. In your case choose Mixer from the menu. Make sure to turn off the purple link mode button (so it turns grey) in the top left of the Environment window otherwise your window will display the layer of whatever object in the Arrange you have selected... not always desired! Sounds like you may mistakenly broken a connection somewhere in your environment... Try downloading the finished project file for that chapter from the TNT3 webpage here at macProVideo then you should be able to work backwards to see what is different. But if you follow the tutorial step by step it will all work. Best Rounik
  • dapacarter
    Rounik can you please give me the url to download the template? is there a master class in recording vocals with logic studio 9 if so can you direct me to the correct page? David.
  • Rounik Admin
    Sure. You need to log-in to our site at macProVideo.com and then visit the Logic TNT3 tutorial page: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic304[/url] You'll find links to all the resource files under the Tutorial title. (You must be logged-in to get access to them). As for recording vocals. There's plenty of resources (video tutorials) and Blog/Hub (written articles and tutorials). Here's an excellent video tutorial on recording vocals. It's DAW-agnostic so all the principles apply whether you're using Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools etc! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/recording-vocals[/url] Check out the Studio & Recording genre for more tutorials on recording guitar, drums, etc. Best Rounik
  • dapacarter
    thats cool thank you, I have already checked out that tutorial, however it does not explain how to record vocals using Logic only, this guy uses external compressors and limiters and eq's ect which I just dont have right now?
  • Rounik Admin
    Sure. Understand. But the concepts are the same. Even if you're using software plugins you can apply the same principles they show with hardware in Logic IMHO. Are you looking for a recording vocals or mixing vocals? If "Mixing" then the Pro Tools - Mixing Pop (yup - not Logic, but aside from the interface being different to Logic's plugins, it's the know-how and tips that really matter). You apply these to your own plugins in Logic. If you really prefer to stay only in Logic's interface then the Logic 101 gives a good overview of how to record vocals too. Cheers Rounik
  • dapacarter
    this is a great response... so to record vocals I apply the same principles as the tutorial just adding the software components instead of hardware into the record chain... and yes at the moment I am working on achieving a high end vocal recording, I am using an SE Electronics 2200a mic with a small vocal booth or shield in a corner with foam on the walls, I have both logic studio 9 and Protools 8 with an MBox2 Pro, not sure the pre amps are that great so I considering purchasing a Golden Age pre amp 73, I am home recording at the moment, and I am right at the start of the learning curve thanks for your response...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi David, Excuse the delayed response! Yes! Definitely don't be put off by an excellent tutorial which is software agnostic or even shot using Pro Tools or another DAW. The basic principles apply across the board. Sure it's important to learn the software. Logic and Pro Tools differ in a lot of ways. But, they are ultimately tools upon which you can apply your recording, arranging, mixing, (etc.) techniques to. I'd recommend learning both the principles behind audio, recording, etc in the tutorials we mentioned and also learning Logic Studio and Pro Tools to get a sense of how to best make use of these principles within your DAW. Sounds like you have quite a nice recording setup going. Hit us with as many questions as you like, and hope you continue enjoying the tutorials :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: