macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Day Tripper
    Question For Tom Rice re External Instruments
    Hi Tom, I have just finished watching your excellent Latency tutorial. One thing that puzzles me is why you prefer not to use the External Instrument plug in with your external synths in your template?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Question For Tom Rice re External Instruments
    Hi Day Tripper, In the time between Tom can get back to you, have you checked out this thread? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=32608[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Dydavee
    Re: Question For Tom Rice re External Instruments
    Hi Day Tripper, Glad you've been enjoying the tutorial. Whether you use Logic's External Instrument plug-in, or its old-school MIDI Instruments really comes down to what trade-offs you're willing to make. The main reason I use regular MIDI Instruments, is that I prefer to have direct access to the program change parameter and the MIDI mixer channel strip in the Inspector, over having the look and feel of a Software Instrument. Also, the way that the External Instrument hijacks CC7 and CC10 (which I demonstrate towards the end of video 38 of the tutorial) makes things difficult when working with multi-timbral synths, unless you can dedicate an input of your audio interface to each individual sound. So there's no right or wrong way, it just comes down to your own personal preference. Tom
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: