macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Latome
    Using Arturia Analog Lab in Logic Pro 9
    Hello- My first post. I am trying to interface Arturia's Analog Lab. [with the keyboard controller] into Logic Pro 9 - I can only trigger Logic Instruments, not the A.Lab. vioces. The "I/O" button on my scannel strip is grayed out[???] and I can't access the Analog Lab voices...??
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using Arturia Analog Lab in Logic Pro 9
    Hi Latome, Welcome to the forums! Have you created a Software Instrument channel strip and then clicked on the grey slot under I/O? You should see a menu pop-up. Choose AU Instruments > Arturia If this doesn't help, can you describe what you are doing and in what way you can't load Arturia Analog in Logic? Also, what version of Logic are you running? Thanks Rounik
  • Latome
    Hello Rounik- And thank you for the quick reply. I have 9.1.3 running in 32 bit mode. Yes, I can get to the AU Instruments>Arturia>stereo. But I can't get the A.Lab voices to come througe on Logic. When I try to hit the "prefs" tab at the top right of A. Lab a VST warning thing pops up and I see that the synth voices are disabled. Both Chris @ Sweetwater and I are trying to find out from France what is up with this, and if I didn't do the install correctly.....beautiful sounds, but I need to get the voices into Logic, and bounce to an AIFF file. I am not really making songs, more like sound design for video. Best- Latome
  • Rounik Admin
    Hmmm... odd. Do you have the latest updates form the Arturia website? Have you tried creating a new user account in OSX and then testing it there? What other hardware do you have connected to your Mac? Thanks R
  • Latome
    Hey- We have no other equipment connected to that Mac except the A. Lab 49 keyboard. And yes, I reinstalled with the A. Lab update from the site. I am mystified as well. I don;'t know what you nean by creating a new user account....I basically only use my Mac workstations for Final Cut Pro editing. I am not a "power user" in Logic. I had it years ago on the PC platform, and ended up ditching it for ProTools, which I love. But at the studio we only have Logic as the DAW.... period. Thanks- Ed
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ed, OK. Forget creating a new user account on your Mac for the time-being. With Arturia's Analog Lab instantiated on a Software Instrument track hit the caps lock key on your keyboard. You should see the Capslock keyboard on screen. (Transforms alpha keys into MIDI notes)... hit some of these keys - do you get any response from Analog Lab? Thanks R
  • Latome
    YES that is happening with the Mac keyboard. But the Logic instrument still appears on the channel strip and on the track header. I need to know how to get the A. Lab voices on that midi track- will it play back through A. Lab?? And can I create loops etc with played fragments and bounce to disk- retaining the A. Lab voices??? [PS Thank you so much for taking time to help me with this, as I am pretty much a beginner with all of this...I did get a 30 day free pass from Sweatwater to some GREAT training tools for Logic]
  • Latome
    Oh wait- Analog Lab does appear on the channel strip. I guess the EVP88 keyboard Icon on the instrument track [just track 1]is a default alias?
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. I see what you're saying. No. EVP88 is not an alias. It is an Instrument. It loads by default when you create a new Software Instrument channel strip with "Open Library" ticked in the "New Track" dialog window. It's in the top slot under I/O which means it is the selected instrument (input) for that channel strip / track. Click-hold on the EVP88 and you'll notice a menu appears. Find Arturia's Analog Lab plugin from the menu under Audio Units > As you've got the 30 day free pass please do check out the Logic 101 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] and do check out this Tutorial article on the Blog: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/complete-beginners-guide-apple-logic-9-part-1[/url] Basically the method I described above is how to open a 3rd party instrument plugin in Logic. Remember it must be a Software Instrument track and not a MIDI track. A MIDI track replies upon external MIDI device which creates it's own sound. Hope this helps somewhat. Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Latome
    R- I think I got it- DUH, I just have to re-name the instrument, etc. I recorded and played back a A. Lab successfully! Now I just need to dig into Logic Pro. Thanks Again!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: