macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Retro
    creating echo-ey sound in Logic Xpress 8
    At the risk of sounding pretty green (which I am), how does one go about creating an echo-ey quality to a piece /few bars/note of sound? Must be a plugin, right? Also, how does one apply that rhythmic, pulsating compressed? quality to a piece of music? Another plugin?... where you have to set the timing and degree of pulsation?... Or is it some kind of automated high cut/low pass setting, sequenced to repeat at a chosen speed?... thx
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: creating echo-ey sound in Logic Xpress 8
    Hi Retro, Use a delay effect plugin in Logic and then automate its values or the dry/wet parameters. Another way is to create a send from your channel strip to a Bus. Then in the Mixer you'll find an Aux channel strip has been created with that Bus as the Input. Place the delay effect on the Aux channel. Now you can automate the send level from the original channel strip. Benefit of this method is you will not be altering the level of the original sound... but only altering the level of the delay. I'd highly recommend checking out more on the macProVideo Blog/Hub for Automation an delay and of course the Logic 101 covers automation. A brief primer: - Hit "A" to turn automation view on. - Change the track's automation mode from Off to Touch or Latch. - Press Play - Change any parameter on that track (e.g. volume, pan, or any plugins parameter on that track). You've not automated that parameter's volume over time! Hope this helps Rounik
  • Vivisuy
    Give an artist example of pulsating. I would give the example of Armin Van Buuren's song "imagine". It's a combination of a sidechain compressor and an automated resonate low pass filter sweep and a big reverb. It's a great effect.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: