macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Who is Ski (Peter Schwartz) anyway?
    Want to know more about the Logic guru, forum Mod who expertly answers your Logic and MIDI questions before you've managed to write 'em? (well... I do exaggerate a tiny bit...) Read my interview with him here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/interview/feature-interview-with-a-trainer-peter-schwartz[/url] and check out his new tutorial for macProVideo here: [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/midi101[/url] I don't think I've seen a funnier and more educational / entertaining video tutorial anywhere... A MUST-see for anyone working with MIDI - and that's pretty much every digital musician these days! Enjoy! Rounik
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Who is Ski (Peter Schwartz) anyway?
    "Who is Ski (Peter Schwartz) anyway?" I've been asking myself that question for years. Best Regards, Peter Schwartz
  • Vagidyi
    he is an international man of mystery. And other things. :)
  • Degypyu
    I think I know him - he USED to be a MAJOR Syncla-dude back in the day
  • Peter Schwartz
    Hi TDGuy! Great to see you here! Thanks for the post. I could still be a Syncla-dude, if only I [i]had[/i] one (I still miss that thing)! Best, Ski
  • Degypyu
    I still have two, plus a lil' baby Sync 2 pining to be booted up and played.. one of these days, I will have time to do so LOL P.S. I'd sell you one of my PSMTs if you really, REALLY wanted it ;-)
  • Peter Schwartz
    [salivating with them special kind of Syncla-slaverations] Tell ya what... Sushi for sure next week (this week's a wash) and I'll fill ya so full of sake that I'll be able to beat ya down on the price and you won't feel a thing! LOLOL Seriously, tho, let's do soosh next week for sure. Cheers! Ski
  • Degypyu
    LOL - it's a bet..
  • Rohogay
    I knew it, another Logic, Midi life time recording genius. I live in the shadows running around you guys trying to check in and see if I can ever answer a question around here that hasn't already been answered!!!!! Oh well, I'm better suited asking questions then answering them. : > ) Great Tutorial Ski AKA (Peter Schwartz), I would have guessed you were into midi and recording since 1983! Those were the days of total discrete component synths...... Eeeeek they always drifted.
  • Peter Schwartz
    LOL! I think you need to give yourself a whoooooooooooole lot more credit! Indeed, some things did drift a bit... OK, a lot, actually. It was great when the JX8P and the DX7 came out because they didn't drift, and then you had to get everything else to play nice and in tune with them... OB8's, Matrix 12's, Memorymoogs (what a nightmare!), MIDIMoog retrofitted Mini's, Super Jupiter, oh man, the list is endless. And forget about the modular stuff... that was just "get it in tune and hope the air conditioning doesn't kick on for a while" LOL. Cheers!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: