macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Re: Who is Ski (Peter Schwartz) anyway?
    Oberhiem, ah... almost, just a bit more. dang, drifted again. Can't beat them for really cool sounds and cool efx. I also was a big fan of those Torus pedals.
  • Degypyu
    Oh Man - there you guys go waxing nostalgic about all that stuff I sold LOL -
  • Peter Schwartz
    Yeah, and "arguably" (arguably my least favorite word) all that stuff sounded a whoooooole lot deeper/phatter/better than some of this dish-tal stuff we're using today. But having to hit the tune buttons (the original auto tune!) all the time was quite a pain, wasn't it?
  • Degypyu
    not nearly as big a pain as trying to get that magical juicy MiniMOOG BASS patch reconstructed JUST SO.. cause, y'know NOTHING had a memory back then ... LOL
  • Peter Schwartz
    True 'nuff! Are we spoiled now or what?!? LOL
  • Degypyu
    not spoiled - "happier" - now I don't have to waste time repatching stuff that had been patched properly a week earlier - but I STILL wish I had my Synclav and D2D in the studio - dang!
  • Peter Schwartz
    Happier, yes, but I'm missing analog (as well as that 50K sound of D2D). I was thinking just the other day that I wanted to get a 1/2" Studer two track in here to print to. Ah, a boy can dream, can't he? : - )
  • Degypyu
    I bet you can find that Studer for under $1000 somewhere ;-) I know that the last time I saw an Otari MTR-10 it was WAAAAAAAY cheep! and the MTR-90 they were practically GIVING away! Yo know, I have to tell y ou - I LOVED the 50K samples on the D2D but I REALLY love the sound of live audio recorded into Logic thru the RIGHT preamp (Focusrite), mic (Neumann) and Interface (Apogee) See - I can do analog (well, for the front part of the signal chain, anyway ) LOL Meanwhile am getting MORE than sufficient analog jollies by playing guitar LIVE (I've been getting out in recent months and re-discovering the fun of the Telecaster, the pedal board and my lovely Roland JC90) - Woo Hoo!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: