macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Question For Toby Pitman
    Hi Toby, I wonder if you could give us a tip. I watched the Superior Tutorial, Chapter 13: using midi controllers, section 50, controlling the snare. The CC 16 was mapped on the Keyboard, F#-2 for velocity to create the Center/Edge "Snare Control". I saw the key was mapped but you actually demonstrated the function on your trigger finger pads. Does the pad need mapping as well for the CC16 to be applied to the pad being used to obtain this articulation control feature, or does the "Note Assignment" itself take care of that? I was thinking I needed to do both? Thanks much in advance. Victor
  • tobypitman
    Re: Question For Toby Pitman
    Hi Victor, You'll need to map F#-2 to a pad. And then map CC16 to a fader on the trigger finger to control it. Of course you could transform velocity from the pad/note into CC16 values in Logic so the quieter hits would trigger the edge samples. That might be nice!
  • Rohogay
    Ok, I'll check that out. One last question. I used your mapping layout idea for the hats but I changed a few things. Could you explain the hat mapping you used? I couldn't seem to get the fader to do the same thing whilst hitting the hat pad and moving the slider. The open hat sound via the slider seemed to be over taken by the velocity of the pad itself. In other words the pad was closing the hat when the velocity was higher. Any tips for that scheme? Thanks again in advance. Victor
  • tobypitman
    You need to make sure you've mapped the 'Hats Trig' (F#-1) to a pad. This way CC4 (from a fader) should open and close the Hats. Or are you talking about the MIDI Nodes example where the Open Hat is set to the top velocity?
  • Rohogay
    I'm on my iPhone at the moment. I'll post a screen shot of the mapping when I get to my Mac. : >)
  • tobypitman
    Cool :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: