macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: working with DVD audio - which app?
    Hi Julian, Glad to hear that the file size isn't a consideration. However, you'd be surprised at how many people think that smaller is better (well, for file sizes anyway) or, in same vein, that a plugin must exist for anything that actually requires some work LOL! That aside... I'm not in front of Logic right now so I can't confirm the Endian setting. If the one you've noted is the default, then that's the right one. All of your other settings are correct. Now, to the audio file that gets exported to the movie... It's not a file at all! It's the output from your stereo output (Output 1/2). So the key here is to ensure that only the desired audio tracks are playing in Logic. You've taken care of that by muting tracks 1 and 2. Since only track 3 is going to play, that is the audio that will be bounced out to the movie.
  • Peter Schwartz
    One other thing... If you're bouncing out (exporting) your new and improved audio to a movie file which contains the original, crappy sound, you have to DESELECT that "soundtrack" (the QT nomenclature for audio embedded in a movie file) so that the resulting movie doesn't contain that original soundtrack. This is done right in Logic, in the third window that appears before the export begins. Any existing soundtrack will be selected by default. Click on the background of that window to deselect it.
  • JulianM
    Thanks Ski - actually the Little Endian is selected by default, but then so is the Floating Point which means that you can't select sample size of 24 - which is greyed out unless Floating Point is deselected. I have little idea what these terms mean, I'm just going on what I've dug up online from other posts in this and other forums. Hence the desire to check before I make the same error with 18+ hours of movie! Thanks very much for the explanation regarding the bounce to movie - so by track 1 it's weirdly referring to outputs 1&2. Yep that makes SO much sense!!! lol cheers
  • JulianM
    Ahhh! OK so the track 1 is referring to existing audio tracks on the movie - that makes much more sense! Brilliant stuff! I'm at work at my other job (the one that actually pays the bills) so I'll try it out later. many thanks
  • Peter Schwartz
    That's right, you have to deselect floating point in order to select 24 bit audio. However, even though you do this, the audio you bounce out to the movie will be 16-bit (per what I wrote in one of my earlier posts). In fact, now that I think about it, it *might* not even be necessary to deselect floating point because the system is going to output a 16-bit audio file anyway. If I have time later I'll experiment with something to confirm or deny that hypothesis. In the meantime, all of the settings you mentioned are the correct ones. I see you grokked all of the other stuff I mentioned, so... there ya go! :-) Post back and let us know how you make out with all this. Cheers, Ski
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: