macProVideo.com
Forums
  • steveH
    Steve H needs your help!
    May is the last month of TNT3. :( ... I have no ideas what tips to do?!! Igor ran off with my tips notebook and left me scratching my head. I need your immediate help. Please give your requests ASAP. THANKS!! Steve H
  • Dekuruy
    Re: Steve H needs your help!
    Hi Steve, Yeah, I thought I saw Igor running down the hiwayâ¦.., it looked like he was eating something, and huge chunks of paper were flying out of his mouth! You need a leash for that guy! Anyway, I have some thoughts about the last TNT. Hopefully they'll help stir up some ideas. Maybe the TNT could show how Logic's Environment could be used in a live DJ type setting, similar to the way a guy like Tom Cosm uses Ableton. You could show how the Environment could be used for live glitching, adding fills to drum parts in real time (David Earl touched on this a little in his TNT cameo from a few month back), live mixing, fading, morphing, etc., triggering scenes, and all types of sounds and effects from a controller routed to send information into an Environment set up for this purpose - why not an iPad running Midi Touch, or TouchOSC?! What if you set a theme for the TNT, (something like what I've mentioned above) and had each of several MPV Logic trainers do one or two segments, kind of like a chain story, where one person starts with an idea, and each person adds their own thing to it. I think it would be great to see such Logic masters as yourself, Martin, Rounik, David Earl, Peter Schwartz, Scott Freiman, Bill Burgess, (the list goes on) do some sort of collaboration along these lines, and see how the music, and the way Logic is used to create that music, evolves. I know that's a lot, but maybe somewhere in there there's something that will 'trigger' your 'Environmental' consciousness. But please don't think too much about 'triggers' when Igor gets back. You know he's already 'bloody' enough! Thanks for asking, and, of course, thanks for listening! MPV is really the best! Adam
  • Fafuvui
    hi steve would you please please please talk about a very nice osc app called AC-7 core it is so beautiful it's kind of a mackie control surface let you access each and every thing in logic but it's a bit hard for me to figure it out .i asked the developper and he answered me that every thing i need to know is in logic's user guide !!!! would you be kind to give it a try :) please dude
  • Fafuvui
    by the way i took a look into logic's user guide and the part talking about mackie control surface is about 60 pages or more but my english is not that high to grab all what's about
  • Native Instruments
    I'd like to see something on how to create custom touchosc/OSC templates... one for editing functions in particular.. the kind you see/use on the Euphonix MC Control would be nice indeed! Dave
  • Xawuvau
    Steve let Igor run, he'll be back soon enough when you least expect him. In the mean time a tut on creating patches in the environment or how to tweak sculpture to improvise in a live situation would never one too many.
  • Native Instruments
    Re:
    Why use AC-7 when you have TouchOSC? I used AC-7 and it's a dog imo.
  • Xixejei
    I have touchOSC, AC-7 and ProRemote. Maybe on an iPad it's different but on the iPhone the only one that really works well is touchOSC. So it follows only for Logic. too bad if you use ProTools.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: