macProVideo.com
Forums
  • steveH
    Steve H needs your HELP!!!
    May is the last month of TNT3. :( ... I have no ideas what tips to do?!! Igor ran off with my tips notebook and left me scratching my head. I need your immediate help. Please give your requests ASAP. THANKS!! Steve H
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Steve H needs your HELP!!!
    bump... Can't wait to hear more from our TNT viewers on what you'd like to see in this month's final Logic TNT3! ... surprised Igor took your notebook Steve - even more surprised that Igor can read ;-)
  • Vivisuy
    Hello Steve. I have wondered how to merge midi regions that are stacked. This will allow me to go back and play some automation over the midi region, after the performance. Also, where is the automation info for pitch bend and mod wheel? Thanks Rob Rob
  • Greg M
    Re:
    Hi S.C Im no Steve or Rounik but as you havent had a reply to this I thought I would help if I can. By Midi regions that are stacked im presuming you mean multi take recording - where after several passes the midi files are stacked above each other on one track? If you wish to add automation to these takes you first have to seperate the tracks. This is done by clicking the arrow at the top right of the top midi part (the top left arrown reveals all your takes for selection) and selecting one of the various options - seperate all to individual tracks,seperate selected to individual tracks e.t.c. Once seperated in the way you choose these tracks can then be edited, automated like normal mide tracks. As for automation of mod wheel, pitch bend e.t.c this is not accessed in the normal automation way (as youve prob guessed) Click on the midi region you want to automate, open the piano roll and click on the tab in the bottom left. You will see another window opens up under the piano roll grid. Click on the button in the bottom left of this new window to show a list of variable parameters that you can automate. Pitch wheel and modulation being one of the many. Hope this helps...apologies to Steve H and Rounik for lowering the standard of help at MPV Greg
  • Rounik Admin
    Re:
    Hey Greg! Great answer - and please feel free to share your knowledge and answers here - you're very much part of the macProVideo community!! I'd also add you can see Pitch Bend and Mod values in the Event List, if you prefer to check it out numerically that is. Here's a Hub Quick Tutorial on the Event List: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/quick-tip-logics-event-list-editor[/url] Best R
  • NONOJO
    Hi Steve, Id like to see something in the Video/Movie scoring genre . Like how you time music to specific sections of the movie .I'll assume your changing tempo to match the action of the movie ?? but again I'm not sure. I'll assume that your producing full pieces of music to only a few seconds of the film & i would like to see that in action. Get ideas of the work flow , screen sets etc ... ohh of course all the tools,approaches & tricks that we use in our normal music production applied to the music to video score. Any tips that you can offer in this genre would be greatly appreciated :) thnx J
  • steveH
    I created a whole tutorial about that: https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9203 Check it out!! Steve
  • NONOJO
    thnx Steve for getting bak so quick. I do have Tutorial 203 but it's made by Martin Sitter Whats that about ? Advance thnx J
  • steveH
    That's the Logic 8 203... Mine is the Logic 9 203... Completely different tutorials!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: