macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BlackBass1959
    Default Software Instrument
    I can't figure out why when I create a new software instrument track the default instrument is "EVP88 Electric Piano", instead of just plain "inst. 1" like in the tutorial. Is there a default setting that I inadvertently changed? Also, I don't understand why Tutorial #22 and everything after that is not available. What did I pay for ($25 monthly)?
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Default Software Instrument
    Not sure which tutorial you're referring to, but... As of one of the later versions of Logic 9, Apple (in their infinite wisdom, heh) decided that anytime a new instrument channel was created that it would "autoload" EVP88. So I'm pretty sure that you could simply remove the EVP88 and continue following along with the tutorial just fine. As to the problem with Tutorial #22 and afterward, you might want to contact Support (click the orange Support tab at the top of the page, or the Support link at the bottom of the page). I'm sure they'll get it sorted. Meanwhile, please post back here and let us know which tutorial you're referring to. Cheers, Ski
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Default Software Instrument
    There are a few workaround to stop the EVP88 loading up on every Software Instrument track created. In the New Tracks dialog untick "Open Library". I even made some sort of Automator action when this behaviour was implemented by an update to Logic... but, really, it's a lot easier to do the above! As for video #22. Please can you let our Support team know which tutorial you're watching. e.g. Logic 101, Logic 201, etc and what exactly happens for you when you attempt to view videos beyond #22. Also, please check if you've got access to other tutorials. You might wish to try logging out and then logging back in to see if the issue persists - but without more info it's difficult to know what else to suggest. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: