macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    Lack of continuity between arrange page and mixer
    If I highlight a track in the inspector of the arrange page of Logic 9 and then open the environment mixer, the track should also be highlighted there too... but it's not. How can I fix this? Something in preferences? Tim
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Lack of continuity between arrange page and mixer
    There's no pref for this. Just make sure that your Environment window's link icon is set to "purple" and not "gray" (off). If that doesn't work, post back and we'll take it from there.
  • Jideseo
    Dear Ski, Thank you for your response. Sadly, that did not help. I checked that the link icon was purple - in fact, I checked and unchecked a few times but it made no difference. Ah well, at least we've ruled that out. What else would you suggest I try? Best regards, Tim
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tim, This works fine for me here running Logic 9.1.3. Can I check something from your original post. You mention selecting the channel in the Inspector? Do you mean selecting the Track Header in the Arrange area? The Link mode must be purple in the Environment window, if it isn't then the currently selected track in the Arrange area won't be automatically selected in the Environment's Mixer layer. Out of interest do you have multiple windows open in Logic? Is your project based on a template created pre Logic 8 or 9? Thanks Rounik
  • Jideseo
    Dear Rounik, Thanks for your help. With the link in the Environment window set to purple, it works. Thanks again. Have a lovely day Tim
  • MorryNYC
    Strangely, it works here whether the link is set to purple or not...
  • Peter Schwartz
    Um, er, setting the environment page's link to purple is what I suggested in my first post. Oh me, oh my, I'm feeling ignored, overlooked, inconsequential, snubbed, slighted and spurned. But [sniff] no worries, just... pay no attention to me. I'll get over it. One [sniff] day. Meanwhile, [i]I'll[/i] try and have a lovely day too. If that's alright with everyone [waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!] What? It's not my day to have a pity party? Oh, OK, sorry about that. : - )
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mory, That's odd. Try resetting the link mode in Env window to gray and then close it and then switch track in the Arrange area and open a new Env window... :)
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Timduce! Glad [b]my[/b] suggestion has helped. ... did i hear some other voice here.... .... ??? nah... must be imagining it... ... LOL - sowwy Ski for swiping your Link mode suggestion. We all appreciate you - and your "correct" solutions :) in fact, while we're on the topic of Ski (are we ever on a different topic? ;-) ... The good people at ScreenFlow have interviewed Peter (Ski) here: [url]http://blogs.telestream.net/screenflow/2011/05/meet-the-screenflow-er-peter-schwartz/[/url] It's an excellent interview... almost as good as this one (lol) : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/interview/feature-interview-with-a-trainer-peter-schwartz[/url] And to prevent me being stalked by squirrels (no, I've lost my marbles just yet - you'll understand this reference once you follow this linky and see the full tutorial)... Peter's Piece de Resistance on MIDI is here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/midi101[/url] Watch it and weep... (with laughter and the knowledge you've spent 3 hours of your life learning something really useful!) ... OK, back on topic now... :-) Rounik
  • MorryNYC
    Ok, it no longer works if I make both the arrange AND the environment gray. But if the arrange is gray and the environment is purple, it still works. i.e. with a gray arrange and a purple environment, if I select a track in the arrange, it is highlighted in the environment.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: