macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    Trouble cabling faders
    If I cable two faders together in the environment mixer (of Logic 9) their instruments will both fire from the midi info in the first fader's track BUT if I clear the cables and then... copy them into a new environment layer and cable them again, the second fader's instrument will not fire. Help! Tim
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Trouble cabling faders
    Let me see if I can understand this... You have two faders cabled in series and the second fader is cabled to an instrument. So, three objects in series: fader 1-->fader 2-->instrument. You've got the first fader assigned to a track, and you've got MIDI data from the track feeding that fader which, in turn, feeds the second fader and then on to the instrument. Is that correct? Even if that's not correct, and aside from the problem you're encountering, it's really hard to tell from your description what you're trying to do. It would be great if you could provide a much more detailed description (and especially screenshots).
  • Jideseo
    Re: Trouble cabling faders
    Dear Ski, I am trying to duplicate the processes shown in the Core Logic Tutorials '154 Moving Objects', '155 Layering Channel Strips' and '156 The Instrument Object'. I am having 2 problems with this. 1) If I COPY the faders (all with ES2 plugins) to a new environment layer, cabling them together does not work (only the first fader's plugin fires). If I TRANSFER the faders, it DOES work. I would prefer to copy if possible. Can it be done? 2) If, having transferred faders 1, 2 and 3 to this new environment layer, I create a new MIDI instrument object by clicking 'New>Instrument' and then: a) Set its ports to 'Off' (or anything else for that matter) b) Cable from the MIDI instrument object to fader 1, c) Cable from the MIDI instrument object to fader 2 d) Cable from the MIDI instrument object to fader 3 (all as in the tutorial) only fader 1 fires. I hope this explanation of the problem is more helpful. Best regards, Tim
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: