macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Cycled Midi Regions to One Track
    Hello. I'm recording a finger-drummed beat (using Addictive Drums via Akai Controller). Playing a 4 Bar cycle, using the Cycle & New Tracks recording mode. Now, I would like to take all the resulting parallel-stacked regions ( that are on individual tracks) and place them so they occur directly one-after-the-other on one track. So that I have the first region of 4 bars followed by the second region of 4 bars etc etc all on the same track How do I do this ? Thank you for the help, especially the moderators/administrators that work so hard here.
  • logicluvva
    Re: Cycled Midi Regions to One Track
    P.S I mean, to avoid manually moving each region into the track. I'm hoping there's a key command or something
  • Rounik Admin
    Ah... I see what you mean... there's not a key command I know of that does this in one fell swoop... I guess the issue is how does Logic know which regions you'd prefer in which order? There's three workarounds I'd recommend: 1. Zoom right out and Drag a selection area over the regions you want to move. Drag them up so the top region sits in the right place on the right track. Now shift click that top region to deselect it and drag the remaining selected regions up and to the right... etc, etc. Repeat until all regions are in the location you want them to be in. 2. Change the Drag mode to "Shuffle Left" and drag each region to the right of the previous one on the main track. It will slide to the region boundary on its left-side. 3. Record on one track without cycle mode on. Hope this helps! :) Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Thank you, Rounik. The reason I was playing around with a given set of bars was to just ' prepare' a feel for distinct parts of the song before diving in fully. I liked keeping to a set cycle for this and it surprised me how well it worked as a foundation.Almost like step-sequence patterns but a human' seed' version for the flow of the arrangement..It's just this particular song. Thanks for the workarounds, I used the shuffle L in the end. Cheers :)
  • logicluvva
    Also, as I can't seem to be able to edit my replies... I had thought that there may have been a way to do this that echoes the way Take Folders can be packed and unpacked..flattened, merged etc.Although I know that that is just in the audio realm. i.e some command that grabs and aligns the regions from top to bottom from left to right.
  • Rounik Admin
    Ah, I see... It would make an interesting feature request! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: