macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    Re: arpegiater mutes everything
    hmm, strange! i have an emu xboard 49. but even when thats not plugged in its mutted. i also keep getting a pop up window informing theres a midi problem and it tells me to reset midi drives, through the preference window, which i do but the problem stilll persists. very strange that it works fine your side though! so your getting sound coming out of strip 1,2 and 3? i would just delete this project and start again but this problem happened to me before and im sure it will happen again so there must a cause! cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hmmm... I'll get back to you on this soon... well over the weekend... bu in the meantime you might want to check out Ski's "Logic Pref's" article on The Hub: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/trash-talk-guide-reset-logics-preference-files[/url] :)
  • drusif
    thanks mate, will have a look. also dont no if this is relevant to why its muting but logic has started giving me this pop up all the time Device "microkontrol" is assigned to midi port 'PORT A' which is not present. then goes on to say reset midi devices, which ive done several times but i still get the pop up, even though i have no microkontrol???
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm odd. Go to your Audio MIDI Setup in: Applications / Utilities / Do you see any device there in the MIDI window relating to the MicroKontrol? I'd also try trashing your prefs as per the link above - but you don't need to place the prefs file in the Trash - just move it to the Desktop in case you wish to restore it. Hope that helps R
  • drusif
    sorry for late reply, yea just opened that and have found the microkontrol but havent got a clue what it is. when i open it theres loads of pictures of different synthesisers there. the only thing i can think is that when i took my mac to my mates studio he's loaded something on there but its nothing i want or need so i assume i can delete it from there? also another strange point, i was reading through that tutorial about the preferences and strangely i dont have "Main" Logic Preferences (.plist) ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist Control Surface Preferences ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs i only have com.apple.RegLogicStudio.plist cheers drusif
  • drusif
    damn it its doin my head in now. i deleted the mickrocrap from the midipage in utilities but i still get the stupid pop up. doesnt matter how many times i reset the midi drivers or even if i untick the show me this message again box. is it worth uninstalling and starting again? cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi drusif, make sure you go into the following location: *your Home Folder*/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist and *your Home Folder*/Library/Preferences/~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs Let me know if that helps, Rounik
  • drusif
    aha! got um. so shall i just remove that from there. stick it on my desktop somewhere for safe keepin then restart? i wont loose anything cause i have no preferences saved really thanks very much
  • Rounik Admin
    Excuse the late reply! Yup. Quit Logic then chuck 'em on your Desktop or wherever you like and then re-launch Logic. :)
  • drusif
    no worries for the late reply, were all busy :) cheers for the help, will try that now. what music u into?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: