macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Vocal Pitch Correction (raw) - MP4 File
    I'm loving the Logic Package more and more, but I'm beginning to run into the deeper parts of what I'm trusting the package will do for me. I'm working with a raw vocal track of a person who has a great voice, but drifts from b-nat to c. They don't have a great sense of pitch, so I wanted to know if I could "pitch correct." Is this possible with a raw mp4 vocal track? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Vocal Pitch Correction (raw) - MP4 File
    The type of file shouldn't matter. Just try out the pitch correction plugin and see how well it works.
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Thanks, Ski. Where do I find the pitch correction plug-im? Bx
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Hello again Logic users, Ski offered some great advice, but I'm still unsure where to find the "plug-in." Anyone have more information on where I can get the pitch correction plug-in? Thanks alot.
  • Dekuruy
    Hi LogicStu-JDC, Logic's pitch correction plug-in is found by clicking and holding on any available insert rectangle in the desired channel strip. Just scroll down to 'Pitch' > 'Pitch Correction'. Steve H.'s tutorial, Logic 202; Logic's Plugins, Unplugged, chapter 24 gives a good overview of how to use the Pitch Correction plugin. It can be found here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicPlugins1[/url] HTH.
  • Dekuruy
    Hey LogicStu-JDC, There's one more AWESOME link that I failed to mention in my previous post. It's a very informative hub article found here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/create-tpain-autotune-effect-logic[/url] (Rounik, I gravely fear you have read the above post. Please forgive my gross oversight of not immediately mentioning your masterfully written article).
  • Rounik Admin
    [i]"(Rounik, I gravely fear you have read the above post. Please forgive my gross oversight of not immediately mentioning your masterfully written article)."[/i] Ha! Yeah, I had blacklisted you Adam... until this post promoting my article ;-) Best R
  • Dekuruy
    Whew! I'm much relieved!
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Thanks for the tip, Adam8. I'll probably sound like a goofus for a little while, because I'm still wrapping my head around the parameters of the program, but I have not a clue when you say [[i]Just scroll down to 'Pitch' > 'Pitch Correction'[/i]]. Now, I did find out a cool trick of listening to the vocal by "holding down the mouse withinthe rectangle" without pressing the space bar to listen to the track. And I could move the little rectangle to any point on the waveform to listen to the vocal. I don't have Logic 202, however (not yet anyway).
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Oh, and thanks also for the article, I'll check it out. LS-JDC
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: