macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    Midi Controller numbers
    Hi Guys does anyone know the controller numbers for the logic instruments? i found the numbers for the ES1 but not the EXS24.I.e cutoff. I would like to show some students these this week as an alternative to track automation. Many thanks in advance. Mtec
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Midi Controller numbers
    EXS-24 doesn't have dedicated CC-->function assignments (except CC#11). They must all be created in the modulation matrix. So if you wanted to use, say, CC#74 to modulate the cutoff frequency of the filter, you'd have to make that assignment in the mod. matrix.
  • mtec
    Thanks for the speedy reply. If i assign cutoff as a destination in the exs mod matrix with a src cc74 and draw in cc74 info in the piano roll hyper draw should this not change the cutoff? its not doing it here. Mtec
  • Peter Schwartz
    You're welcome! Works fine here. Try this... 1) turn the filter ON, then turn down the cutoff halfway 2) set the depth control on your CC#74 --> cutoff assignment to, say, 50% 3) in the arrange page, select a region on that track which contains some notes, then [b]view > hyperdraw > other[/b] and select CC#74 4) draw in a CC#74 curve and play it down. You should hear a result.
  • mtec
    Yeah Iv'e got it now! it was just throwing me a bit because i couldn't see the cutoff knob moving but of course it wouldn't would it (duh). Do any of the other Logic Inst have controller numbers and if so do you know where i could find the lists. I have searched the manuals. Thanks again Mtec
  • Peter Schwartz
    Cool! The only place I now of where there [i]might[/i] be lists are in the Logic Studio Effects and Plugins manual. BTW, where did you find the CC numbers for ES1?
  • mtec
    [url]http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicexpress/instruments/index.html#chapter=4%26section=8%26tasks=true[/url]
  • Peter Schwartz
    Cool, thanks for that. That section of the manual is what I was referring to above. And if there are lists of CC number-to-parameter assignments to be found anywhere, they'd be found in that same documentation. And when not, then it's a matter of the dreaded "self-discovery" process. Cheers, Ski
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: