macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kyjocuy
    Re: semi-random audio glitch on playback
    A regular soloed bounce contains the glitch, also the same with added muting of bus returns; haven't tried the other solution yet. I've been eliminating one thing after another, but I will try your suggestions in a couple of hours. This is a big problem for me, I cannot produce a glitch free master of this track! Do you think a flex on another track could somehow be doing this? S
  • Kyjocuy
    A regular soloed bounce contains the glitch, also the same with added muting of bus returns; haven't tried the other solution yet. I've been eliminating one thing after another, but I will try your suggestions in a couple of hours. This is a big problem for me, I cannot produce a glitch free master of this track! Do you think a flex on another track could somehow be doing this? S
  • Peter Schwartz
    I can't imagine that some other (flexed) track would be introducing the glitch into your vocal. Here are my thoughts... - turn off flex on all other tracks. Listen down to the vocal and see if you still hear the glitches. Also... - you mentioned pitch correction. If you did this destructively (using Pitch/Time machine or some other method) then it's possible that the glitches were introduced during that processing. The real acid test: - select all vocal regions and CMD-C copy. This puts those regions into the clipboard. Close out the song. Then create a New song from the New menu, selecting the [b]Explore/Empty[/b] template. Create one audio track. Set the sample rate and tempo to be the same as your previous project and CMD-V paste the clipboard onto that track (or, better yet, use paste-at-original-position). Listen down.
  • Kyjocuy
    I think I have solved it. As I have said before, it was somewhat random. I think it is connected to auto pitch correction on one word. Despite all of my testing, the only more or less consistent thing seems to be the presence of the pitch plugin. It is behaving almost like it is being side chained by another track, or is responding to a sub frequency on the vocal track. Because of the inconsistency, it has been very hard to pin down. One playback in six would be glitch free, then the glitch would move in time and so on. I still don't understand it. If I played just the short region it was usually fine; if I backed up a few bars it would be there again, even though the pitch plugin only came on for the short region and there was no automation anywhere near the offending part. Anyway, I've done a destructive pitch correction and after about twenty plays it seems to have gone. In any case, I'm going to get the singer back! Thanks for all the help. Steve.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Glad you got it sorted! BTW, which pitch plug are you using? (And BTW #2, love your screen name!) Best, Ski
  • Kyjocuy
    Thanks Ski, I'm using the Logic pitch plugin. This has been so bloody frustrating!!! I'm leaving it now, and will check it again tomorrow to do a bounce. If it comes back I'm going to smash the computer...maybe not...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: