macProVideo.com
Forums
  • james3625
    How do I convert a Giga Sample
    I need help with learning how to covert Giga Samples using the EXS24. I have watched the video tutorial but I must be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: How do I convert a Giga Sample
    What should be happening that's not happening?
  • james3625
    I put the Giga CD in the Mac. I open Logic and create a a track using the EXS24. I click on Options and then on Giga Sample. I find the path..Library/Applications Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments. I then drag the Giga Sample from the cd in to the Sampler Inst. folder. I can see the Gig Sample in the folder but it is not, how do I say, high lighted. This is as far as I can go.
  • Peter Schwartz
    [img]http://www.score2picture.com/L9pix/giga.jpg[/img] The above are the instructions I see after selecting the Convert Giga function within EXS. After copying over the giga stuff, you might need to do a Refresh Menu operation (I prefer to do this from the menu item right within the EXS's front panel -- click and hold on the "readout" portion of the EXS, where the instrument name shows up. Scroll up to the top of the list and select Refresh Menu). Then open the Library and see if that folder shows up. Post back if you still have problems.
  • james3625
    First of all thanks for your help. I am really stumped. When I open the Sampler Inst folder I see all the EXS instr. 1-11 Then I can drag the giga folder called 06 Flutes from the VSLBRQ1GIGD01 CD and I see all 7 of the Giga Samples. 1-7 in a Folder called 06 Flutes. example: 001FL2_BASIC_SET.gig through 07 FL2_TRILLS.gig At this point all 7 of the Giga Samples are a very light Grey Color. Clicking on any of the samples doesn't do anything. The only thing I can do is click on the cancel button. I can not move the Giga Samples in to the Sample Inst Folder. The Giga Samples are in a Folder called 06 Flute. But I can not see a way of saving that 06 Flute Folder. If I want to check in the EXS inst window I have to first close the "finder window" ( I don't know what to call it. I am new to the iMac. I have been a PC guy for the past 20 years.) The only option I have is to click Cancel in order to close the Finder. When I open the EXS Library I do not see any Giga Samples. I don't have a clue at this point how to covert the Giga Samples. I have been trying for a long time. One of the reasons for subscribing to the MacProVideo site was to get help with this. There is something I am missing. And I don't know what it is. Thanks again for your help. cheers, james
  • james3625
    I should add that clicking the Refresh button didn't do anything.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Thanks for providing all the details! I'm going to have a look at my giga samples and how they're configured on my system. I'll get back to you in a little while.
  • james3625
    Thanks Ski
  • Peter Schwartz
    Just looked at some Giga stuff on my system, and in the Sampler Instruments folder I've got a regular folder which contain a Giga folder, and that folder has a ".bk" extension. When I open it I see EXS instruments in them and they show up fine in the Library, as follows: Load up an EXS, open Library, select folder, select Giga folder (with the .bk extension) and the I select the sounds from within that folder. Do you have any folders with .bk extensions?
  • james3625
    Hi Ski, I have not seen any .bk extensions. I don't know what I am missing. I will keep working on this. You have been very kind. I will let you know if I make any progress. I am new to this and any forum. I am not sure if it is ok to ask you about your music. If possible I would be interested in hearing some of your work. I will be happy to comply. Once again forgive me if this is not the place to ask about your work. cheers, james
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: