macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tonojaa
    Using APC40 as Control Surface for Mixing in L9
    Hello... Anyone know how to set up Oxygen 49 for mixing in Logic 9? I just want to be able to use the faders, so any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nathan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using APC40 as Control Surface for Mixing in L9
    Hi Nathan, Have you tried the Controller Assignments in Logic? For example, move the level fader on a channel strip in Logic and then choose: Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surface > Learn Assignment for... or Controller Assignments Now move the fader on the Oxygen 49 to it's extremes and repeat the process for the following channel strips and faders on the Oxygen. Hope that helps R
  • Tonojaa
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for responding. I originally was inquiring about using the APC40 or the Oxygen 49 and then edited my message just for the Oxygen 49 to keep things simple... I guess I forgot to change the subject line, sorry for any confusion to the readers... Anyway, I'd already tried what you suggested and have no problem getting one single knob or fader to work. The problem is on the mixer page in Logic, trying to control more than one knob or fader. After Logic "learns" one fader, when I go to the next fader it learns that one and "forgets" the first one. It does the same thing on my Oxygen 8 also, so it gotta be something I'm not doing in Logic. I haven't been able to find a step-by-step procedure for this in the online manual or on You Tube. Am I leaving something out in the process? - Nathan
  • steadfordium
    Yo Nathan, problem solved. Click the button "Learn Mode" again after each assignment, then re-click. It seems to make the APC40 remember each assignment instead of forgetting. A summary for Logic Pro 9 users: 1. [cmd+,] keyboard shortcut to open Settings 2. Go to Automation, turn Quick Access "On" 3. Click Edit... 4. Click left hand corner [+] button to add a zone 5. Call it "APC1" 6. Click "Learn Mode" bottom left corner 7. Click the on-screen fader you wish to control 8. Move the physical fader you wish to control it 9. **Click Learn Mode again** 10. Repeat steps 6 to 10 for all faders you need. Hope that's all good now... O
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi steadfordium Welcome to the MPV forums & thanks for sharing! :)
  • Tonojaa
    Hey O, Thanks so much for responding. Still not able to get this solved though. Tried following your steps but there must be some steps missing cause the Quick Access window won't let me click "Edit" at the bottom. The edit tab is faded like I'm not supposed to click it, whatever that's about. If you're real familiar with this, no matter what external controller you're using, would it be possible to contact you offline? I'm not trying to do anything extensive, just would like to save time by being able to use more than just one fader at a time on the mixer window, using Oxygen 49 or the APC40. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance you could give; I can be reached at soundwrite@yahoo.com. PEACE
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: