macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    how to create this noise
    hey guys was wondering if anyone could tell me how to create this riff from the track below. i no its a silly pop song but i really like the melody to it. its the part at the start about 25 seconds into the video cheers drusif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-OBAXHfgqE
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: how to create this noise
    On an analog synth, the basis of that sound is a square wave oscillator. It's pretty easy to make using ES-P. Can't go into all the details right now, but here's a real basic approach: - call up ES-P - turn down the volume on all of the oscillator waveforms except for the square wave - set the octave to 8' - zero out resonance and ADSR Int That's not going to get you that exact sound, but it's the basis for further tweaking, starting with the basic tone (square wave) you'll need
  • drusif
    thanks for the reply. id not opened the es-p before now after having a little play with it i recognise the sounds from a couple of other tracks as well. however, when i do what u said it leaves me with no sound coming out other then a click. its there something im missing out of it?
  • Peter Schwartz
    If the ES-P sound that comes up doesn't go "click" then I think you must have done something different from what I suggested above. I'd say to try it again. The initial ES-P sound should sustain. If it does, then try again, making sure to only adjust the specific parameters I mentioned above.
  • drusif
    yea ive had another play with it. i can zero out the resonanace but its when i take the adsr int away that the click comes so i have to turn that all the way up. i then have to give it half a slide on decacay and sustain and i get a noise thats almost there, will keep tweakin cheers
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: