Please contact our Support team re: NED crashing. They'll be able to help you out:
As for your question, I think I've answered it above. Perhaps I misunderstood your question, but here's how to alter the parameters of the envelope for any individual snare hits in Ultrabeat:
1. Make sure you're not in "Full View" in UB and select the Snare Voice.
2. Click on the "Step Mode" button in the bottom left of Ultrabeat's interface.
3. Notice the steps in the Step Sequencer & controls in the main area are highlighted yellow. Click on the top of a step to select it.
4. Any of the parameters highlighted yellow can be adjusted differently for individual steps. SImply move the parameter's value either graphically:
and/or using the parameter menu:
You can also adjust the value by dragging up/down on the step itself.
5. Once you've dragged the pattern into Logic you can then view the HyperDraw data and choose "Auto Define" to see the changes made:
or even better check out the Event List to see the MIDI event data that has been written into the region:
Personally if you're definitely going to do more editing in Logic's other MIDI editors, I'd suggest using Track Automation to automate the desired parameters manually for a region and then copy the automation.
EIther way you should get the results you're looking for.