macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Togugei
    Blog/Tutorial Idea (modelling plug-ins)
    Hey guys, I was thinking it might be nice if someone were to write a blog (perhaps even a mini series or even a full video tutorial) on using analog modelling plug-ins in DAWs. With all these console and tape emulations popping up nowadays, it would be great to get some insight from one who has knowledge in this area. For example, the blog/tutorial could cover things along the lines of: What exactly these plug-ins aim to do Correct gain-staging when working with these plug-ins (all this -18 business) :-) Signal chains - i.e., what order to put the plug-ins in (tape, console emu) Driving the plug-ins for saturation, distortion etc The application of such plug-ins - on every channel, on busses, and master etc I'm sure there are things I'm missing, but you get the idea. Coming from a completely digital background, I feel a bit overwhelmed by all this sort of stuff. Anyway, thanks for reading. Regards Rich
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Blog/Tutorial Idea (modelling plug-ins)
    Hi Richie, Sounds like a nice idea for The Hub and/or as a video tutorial. Do you have any particular plugins in mind? :) R
  • Togugei
    Hi Rounik, Thank you for your reply. Okay, so at the moment I do all my work with the Waves Platinum bundle. However, I was thinking about picking up some of their modelling plugs - perhaps the SSL series and the new MPX tape plug-in. Another one I've been looking at is the Slate VCC. I know that there are a lot of choices out there in this area, but I'm hoping that the general principles of any such tutorial would apply to the majority of these tools so that everyone can benefit. Regards Richie
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Richie, Interesting idea... You can also post a suggestion in the "Suggested Training" sub-forum (that's really for Video tuts)... but I'll bear this idea in mind for an article on The Hub for the future. :) p.s. any other topics you wanna read about on The Hub, let me know!
  • Togugei
    Thank you, Rounik. I'll be sure to let you know if I think of any new ideas. :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: