macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Helge Krabye
    Need help with ES2 and sync!
    I am in a hurry and need to do the final mix of a Logic Pro project where I am using ES2 with the patch 002 Reanimation (which is in the group 10 Gated Synth in the pull down menu of presets in ES2). - My problem: Before upgrading LogicPro to 9.1.4, the synth patch Reanimation played in sync with the tempo in my Logic project (which is 130 bpm). After the upgrade, when the ES2 patch plays out of sync (the Reanimation patch is arpeggiated, and it now plays with a different tempo than before). - I can't figure out how to solve this problem, so any help is very welcome. Which setting (button) in ES2 and/or Logic Pro Preferences menu should I change to make the ES2 play in sync with the tempo 130 bpm? For your info: I loaded a backup version of my Logic Project from April (before I updatet Logic Pro), but the patch has the same problem. This makes me think that the problem must be in the Logic Pro Preferences. But where???
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Need help with ES2 and sync!
    Hi Helge, The problem with the ES2 sync mode seems to be with Logic 9.1.4. Even if you load a backed up project it will behave the same. I'd recommend reverting to a backup of the Logic 9.1.3 application... (if you use Time Machine you'll find it in there) or on a cloned drive/system you should find it there too... There is no preference to alter this as it appears to be a bug :( Sorry I can't be of more help. Rounik
  • Helge Krabye
    Thanks, Rounik! I am using TimeMachine. Is it ok to just click on the LogidPro and revert, or do I need to deleye prefs?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Helge, You should NOT need to reset any preferences AFAIK... just revert to the previous version. Let me know how you get on. Best Rounik
  • Helge Krabye
    That worked! Thanks again!
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad to know it! This bug is a major problem IMHO and means I'm waiting keenly on Logic 9.1.5 :(
  • Peter Schwartz
    Helge, I'd like to offer you some general advice: [i]never[/i] update any music-related software or system software in the middle of a project. New releases of software are always risky (as you've found out, unfortunately).
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: