macProVideo.com
Forums
  • musicdewolfe
    Re: Attemps to Assign Controller are Crashing Logic 9
    That's good info on velocities. Something I wonder about, when designating a track as an instrument, is what happens if you're not recording but just playing. Say I'm practicing or just messing with sounds, but wanted to use a plugin or software instrument in Logic for the sound instead of the Nord's on-board organ sounds. Are the velocities still properly variable depending on keystrokes, as you'd expect them to be? And I have been browsing around this site noting a few tutorials that I think would be helpful, including the one you mentioned. I'm leaving on Thursday for 10 days, so any extended dive into those vids will have to wait, but when I get back I'll likely start up a subscription and get my demystification underway. Here's the chipsounds link: [url]http://www.plogue.com/?page_id=43[/url] It has a standalone interface, but I was glad to see that Logic recognizes it and will open it as well. Now if only my Nord would make the little keys in the GUI respond... Some day! :) Thanks, Ski!
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Attemps to Assign Controller are Crashing Logic 9
    Let us know when you're back and then we'll resume with trying to get you underway here. Meanwhile, to your question on velocities, Logic records velocities as they're generated from the source. Then, you can change them either destructively or non-destructively, depending on the method you use. The realtime parameters of each region (velocity and dynamics) are non-destructive methods of altering velocity. If you need to get specific about, say, bringing down the velocity of one note that you played too hard, your best approach is to manually edit the velocity value by hand. That's a so-called "destructive" operation. Using the realtime velocity parameters are non-destructive, but the downside is that all notes will be affected when you start changing the values for those parameters. Which approach works best has to be determined on a case-by-case basis. If an overall part needs to be louder, maybe raising the velocity value would work for most of the part, but then you might have to go in and manually edit some of the notes which became too loud as a result.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: