macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mic Spike
    MobilePre-->Logic Mic Issue
    I have an m-audio mobilepre box that I have hooked up my Shure microphone to through an XLR cable. I am trying to record in Logic, but as I adjust the channel gain on the box, the mic volume barely increases up until Maximum level, where it spikes into full blast. Is there a Logic setting that needs to be tinkered with?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MobilePre-->Logic Mic Issue
    Hi Mic Spike Welcome to the forums! Logic doesn't control the hardware input levels, it can only control your monitoring levels for the audio signal coming in to Logic. What is your level meter reading (in Logic) when the gain is set to below Maximum level? Thanks Rounik
  • Mic Spike
    Hi Rounik, thanks for getting back to me. The meters in Logic are reading just how I am hearing the spike in my headphones. Not sure if that's enough information....
  • Peter Schwartz
    Which model of Shure mic? Is there more than one mic input you can try on the interface?
  • Mic Spike
    its a pg58, and I've tried both inputs on the m-box, and even on a different m-box. same results.
  • Peter Schwartz
    What kind of cable are you using? Are you going into line or mic? Is phantom power off? (It should be).
  • Zihymua
    Hi Ski, could you open your control window for Mobile Pre, i feel that this window it is not properly set, this is the Main Input control and Output of your MobilePre unit to access your computer
  • Mic Spike
    Using a standard XLR(shure brand) into mic input. Phantom is off. Sound preferences have been adjusted for input and output on system. Mobile Pre control window doesn't have a lot control. Its just has links to the webiste for updates and registration and stuff. (btw I do have the latest driver)
  • Mic Spike
    Using a standard XLR(shure brand) into mic input. Phantom is off. Sound preferences have been adjusted for input and output on system. Mobile Pre control window doesn't have a lot control. Its just has links to the webiste for updates and registration and stuff. (btw I do have the latest driver)
  • Hamish H
    Hi just chipping in... What is the exact model of the Mobile Pre? And do you get good levels with any instruments that you plug straight in, eg guitars etc? is it just recording through the mic that has the problem? Thanks! Hamish
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: