macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hamish H
    Re: MobilePre-->Logic Mic Issue
    Sorry about the double post! I pushed the button twice
  • Peter Schwartz
    You said that it's a standard Shure XLR cable. Do you mean the one that came with the mic? I'm asking because in the online specs for that mic it says that it comes with an XLR-->1/4" TRS. And if that's the kind you're using it could be the source of the problem (I'll spare you the technical details for now). So if in fact you're using that kind of cable, suggest you use an XLR-->XLR instead. Phantom off.
  • Mic Spike
    The cable is an XLR--->XLR. The model, I believe is the 2nd gen one. I can get good levels with the guitar. And now im starting to think that the spike at max is normal because of the overload of input. It's just that with the mic you can barely get anything out of it until max, at which point it is clipping. It has to be the mic, right?
  • Peter Schwartz
    It's really hard to say for sure. Start by swapping out the cable. If that doesn't make a difference then the problem is either the mic itself, or, an impedence mismatch between the mic and the interface.
  • Hamish H
    I had the same problem with another m-audio interface - the fasttrack pro. I couldn't get any signal out of any mics (i bought another one because I thought the first one was stuffed!) until the dial was up full, then it would spike. I found a few theories online about why, but no solutions unfortunately. As well as what Ski says I suggest you try the mic out on another type of interface if you can. Then at least you'll know if its the mic or the interface, and can make some decisions from there.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: