macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Piano Editor Keyboard, no sound
    Well, I know this sounds bad but, I can't get my Piano editor to trigger a sound when I click any of the keys with the mouse. There seems to be something "loading it down". I have the Green Out button active. I click the C1 Key and usually it creates a Kick drum sound through the sequencer. I did get some sound out of it once but Logic shut down. Got the pin wheel action then off. So I am puzzled. Any hints? Now, when i have all the drum midid selected at once, I hear no sound, If I select individual regions, It works. Thanks Victor
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Piano Editor Keyboard, no sound
    Hmmm weird one. The SBBOD isn't a good sign either. Maybe it's just specific to this project (test with another project, preferably one that's created with the Explore/Empty template so that it's all tabula rasa and all that). Try this: in the environment, create a monitor and cable the output of the instrument you're using to the monitor. Now click on the piano roll's keyboard and see if you get any MIDI data showing up in the monitor.
  • Rohogay
    Re: Piano Editor Keyboard, no sound
    It turns out, if I select a whole bevy or independent regions, all on the same track, the keyboard only offers highlighting. If on the other hand, I select one region at a time, I get both sound and highlighting. I can do a merge and I suppose that would end that. I just decided to keep the individual variations and fill variation midi regions as original for reference later on. I can do a copy and merge and that will resolve the issue. The piano editor keyboard is working fine, I just didn't understand why if i lasso'ed all the individual regions to view in the piano edit window, I wasn't getting sound activated as I went along the keyboard. Problem solved. Threw me for a loop. You know, there are always new ways to find something out about Logic, you just have to stick your foot in your mouth like I did to show everyone what you don't know! Ha ha ha Thanks much Ski. Victor Mason
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: