macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Prog
    Effects shut off
    Hello, I am having trouble with my delay effects shutting off. It's only on 1 track. It's an audio file sample. I have a compressor on it and echo. After the echo delays a sec or 2, the sound seems to mute or the echo turns off. I have tried removing/adjusting the compressor, changing the echo. My processor is only at 25%. Seems like a glitch. Can anyone help? Cheers, Prog
  • Prog
    Re: Effects shut off
    oh and it doesn't happen everytime. usually every other time the sample hits. it's only on that track. all other track's effects work fine
  • Rounik Admin
    When it "shuts off" does the Delay plugin in the channel strip's Insert slot turn grey? (i.e. become Bypassed) Does it turn off / become bypassed at the same points in the Arrange area? Have you place track automation on that track? Hit "A" on your keyboard to see if you've automated the Delay plugin wet/dry parameters or the Main > Insert # Hope this helps Rounik
  • Prog
    it doesnt shut off in the sense that it bypass's. the sound just mutes as if the echo stops echoing. then a few seconds later the echo turns back on and you can hear the sound lightly fade out.
  • Rounik Admin
    Ah. I see... And there's no volume automation - and the delay plug-in is placed as an insert on the track and not on a Bus or Aux channel strip? There's definitely no automation - track and Region/Hyperdraw? Does this happen in all projects?
  • Prog
    ya it's an insert. def no auto. seems like a glitch. i mean i can just bounce it because it doesn't happen everytime but i've ran into this before but it doesn't happen on all projects so i didnt know if you all had a fix. it could be my processor because i'm using a laptop but when i look at the cpu meter it isnt even using a third
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Prog, To check, which exact plug-in are you experiencing this glitch with? Doesn't sound like a CPU issue...
  • GaryHiebner
    I've had weird issues at times where some MIDI notes don't play, and some effects also do weird things. I would say maybe your preference files are corrupt. Backup your key commands and the delete the following files: ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro Then afterwards re-import your Key Commands back in and see if it is resolved.
  • Prog
    k. thanks!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: