macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mike
    Mainstage
    Sound guy giving me a hard time. Wants complete volumen control of both keyboards playing through Mainstage. Can I send two separate outputs to soundguy? I am using PreSonus FireStudio for audio interface and it only has two outputs (L and R stereo). Can I use one of these for Keyboard 1 and the other for Keyboard 2?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mainstage
    Hi Mike, You can simply pan the channel for KB 1 to the left and KB 2 to the right. Then take the outputs from the Firestudio to the Sound Guy. :)
  • Mike
    Thanks. Will do.
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs. Let me know if you need any other help! The beauty of Mainstage (and Logic especially) are the number of routing options... But it will depend on the outputs available from your audio interface. Another option would be to create an aggregate device between your built-in output and the FireStudio... then route the KB's through the different outputs available.
  • Mike
    Ran into a problem. Can't figure out how to pan a channel. Can you advise? Thanks. Mike
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mike, In the middle of each channel strip (in the Edit view) drag the round knob up/down to pan a channel. Here you can see two channel strips. One panned hard left, the other hard right: [img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9861/screenshot20110622at114.png[/img] Hope that helps Rounik
  • Mike
    I did that, but both patches are still playing on both channels with equal volume. My channel strips look just like yours; one is hard pan left at -64 and the other is hard pan right at +64. Any ideas? Mike
  • Rounik Admin
    Hmmm... odd. Make sure that no signal is being sent to a Bus/Aux channel - or make sure that Aux channel is panned appropriately. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Mike
    No Bus or Aux channel being used. I'm using a firewire connection to a PreSonus FireStudio mobile unit for my audio interface. It has stereo out. Do you think this unit is somehow providing two outputs even if the input is only coming in on one channel? Mainstage looks like it is working correctly because when I pan, the dB meter only lights up on one side instead of both. Mike
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: