macProVideo.com
Forums
  • msandm
    Can't import multiple audio files at once
    Hi, It seems I cannot open a new session and drag multiple files into logic at once from the finder folder. When I do they show up as big flat waveforms nothing like the original waveform and they do not play anything when I press play. If I 'import audio' it works but that's only one a a time and I'm trying to start new session from a different program to remix them in logic. Hey are all WAV. files so I don't see the issue. When I drag one into a pre existing session (that I started in logic) it works. So is it something to do with my session properties for my new session? The import audio option works fine but will take forever with about 13 tracks per song and about 12 songs. Thanks, Damian. Thanks, Damian.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can't import multiple audio files at once
    You're definitely coming up against some strange bugs msandm! Try dragging the files into the Bin. Then once imported, select the files and drag them into the Arrange area and specify that you want new tracks created for each one.
  • msandm
    Following on from my above post, I tried importing the files from the bin into the session and they all go in but they will not play and the waveforms are totally distorted. I've attached a screenshot. These waveforms are kick and snare and do not look like this when I 'import audio files' individually. [img]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/DamianPClarkson/Screenshot2011-06-22at54131PM.png[/img] thanks, Damian
  • Rounik Admin
    Looks like you've imported 32-bit wave files... I wonder if you convert one to 24-bit before import whether that'll help.
  • msandm
    It works when I do them individually...does Logic automatically convert them when doing it this way?
  • Rounik Admin
    I couldn't see exactly from the screenshot - in the Bin you can see whether they are 32-bit or 24-bit and what sample rate they are too.
  • msandm
    You're right, they are 32 bit. I used Adobe Audition before getting Logic, I'm positive I recorded at 24 bit through my old interface. I couldn't even select 32 bit. It had 32 bit float mixing in Audition but I didn't think that meant the files themselves individually were at 32 bit...That always confused me a bit.
  • Rounik Admin
    make sure to export them from Audition at 24 bit depth. Should be fine then... Logic has an internal 32 bit floating point for mixing... but supports 24-bit. Thanks!
  • msandm
    I don't really have access to Audition and the computer anymore. I've got a new mac which doesn't have the windows Audition that I had on it and I basically never wanted to go near Audition again. I think I might just tough it and do them all individually. Tedious but at least I know it works. Thanks for your help, again. Damian
  • Rounik Admin
    Open them in the application called Compressor - then you can do a batch convert process! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: