macProVideo.com
Forums
  • msandm
    Re: Can't import multiple audio files at once
    Ok, Just to continue with my multiple issues I seem to be having. It doesn't seem to have installed Compressor. I remember it being greyed out when I went to install it all but I thought it was ticked as well.... Any thoughts or suggestions on what I may have done wrong? Thanks, Damian
  • Rounik Admin
    Did you already have Final Cut Studio installed?
  • msandm
    No, I don't have final cut on my computer.. Is this a problem?
  • Rounik Admin
    No. Not a problem - just that Compressor is included with both FCS and Logic Studio - so there have been issues about STP and Compressor being installed by one installer and therefore not available to install by the other installer. Try this instead: Go to Applications/Utilities and launch Terminal Enter the text without the speech marks: "sudo pkgutil --forget com.apple.pkg.AppleIntermediateCodec" This should allow Compressor to be installed properly. I believe the problem relates to applications in the iLife 11 package being pre-installed on your Mac. If you want to try updating the iLife apps first (through Software Update) before going the Terminal route, let me know if that fixes the issue. Cheers Rounik
  • msandm
    That's amazing. Thanks. Absolutely no idea what that meant but it worked. I never thought it would be his complicated to install something. All my previous experiences with Apple have been so straight forward. Thanks a million. Damian
  • Rounik Admin
    I agree! Installing software really shouldn't involve needing the user to go into the Terminal EVER! Something odd there with iLife apps being pre-installed... but I'm surprised updates haven't been issued which fixed this since end of 2010. Cheers :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: