macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Re: Jam Pack
    Ski, Thanks. Love to hear your comments on the cello part. And, if you make that tutorial, I'll download it before it's even posted. Uh...well, maybe right after. M
  • Peter Schwartz
    LOL! I'd offer comments now, but at the moment the cello part plays very, very quietly. We'll have to wait for Spotlight to post a louder one LOL!
  • MorryNYC
    ah...okay...I have to say I'm a little disappointed. A true logic SKI-MASTER would have been able to offer comments without hearing it. He'd just [i]know[/i]. Maybe you're not the true SKI-MASTER after all... ;-)
  • Peter Schwartz
    Dear Morry, This is Wallace Andgrommitt, personal assistant to Ski. He has asked me to kindly inform you that he would never claim to be a master of anything other than that of his own destiny, though there's a bit of a problem with that at the moment. You see, he took the gist of your post as a personal challenge, and just a few minutes ago set off to astrally project himself to wherever in the Universe that "Spotlight" lives in an effort to pre-hear this cello part you've been discussing. But I've just received a phone call from the future in which Ski informs me to inform you that unforeseen circumstances in the 11th dimension preclude him from completing his quest. I am instructed to tell you that he will -- with any luck -- return to the forum the week of December 3rd, 2059 in the 15th dimension, which is the equivalent of when Spotlight posts the cello part in 2011. Oh, and to please pardon the delay. Thank you for your understanding. Please address any additional concerns to: Wallace Andgrommitt c/o Ski Industries Department of Uncertainty 2525 Nebulous Place Riboflavin, North Carolina 67076
  • spotlight
    I have done this in a very short time. Very fake indeed ! files.me.com/ckressig/0hkn7y.mp3 Hope you can open it Thank you very much Spotlight
  • MorryNYC
    Dear Mr. Andgrommitt (where have I heard that name before...?) So sorry to hear of Ski's difficulties. 11th dimensions can be tricky. I hope he gets back in one piece. Oh, and Riboflavin. Mmmmmm. Best wishes, M
  • Peter Schwartz
    @ Morry. I made it back OK, though it was touch and go there for a minute, like being in the Logic land of Oz. "There's no place like home... there's no place like home..." Hi Spotlight, I listened to your track. I think you have bigger problems than your cello! For that piece, the first thing I'd suggest is finding a guitar sound that has more levels of samples so that the attack isn't so hard on every note. As to the cello, let's talk about the second phrase where you play C, A, D (long note), C, and then the chord of A, C, F... The first C is, say, mezzo forte (mF) but then the A that follows is very suddenly pianissimo (subito pp) and barely audible. Then the D, C, and chord seem to crescendo slightly from there but then the chord cuts off abruptly. Is that subito pp A intentional? If it is, then I'd say that the guitar should follow the same dynamic. But if it's not intentional then the velocity on the A needs to come up. Or, if you created that subito pp with volume automation, you need to raise the level much more so that it doesn't sound like the cellist is unsure of the note he (or she) is playing. The chord, A, C, F. It's very uncharacteristic of even three real celli to play a voicing like that. It has a muddy sound because of the register of the notes. Aside from the muddy sound of the chord, it's also uncharacteristic of an arrangement to suddenly have three solo celli playing where there was only one before. For purposes of realism (as well as arrangement) I suggest having the cello play only the melody note (F). From a sound programming point of view, the release time (envelope 2) sounds like it's set too short. Lengthen it a little so that when you release the notes there's a slight amount of "ring". That will help the notes connect better.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: