macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Foxokea
    midi beat mapping problem
    hello i have a newbie question about beat mapping. would relly appreciate any help. i have a midi region selected and open the beat mapping track in global tracks.i can't make the grid line of bar 1 beat 1 to higlight in yellow and to set the right midi note for it. all the other grid lines work fine. thanks for any help
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: midi beat mapping problem
    I don't believe you can alter the position of the first yellow beat mapping line. But before I offer any more advice, please post a screenshot of a closeup of the region and the first 2 measures or so of your MIDI region.
  • Foxokea
    Ski, thanks for the prompt reply. I watched the Steve H tutorial on beat mapping and he was able to draw the yellow line on bar 1 beat 1 and link it with a desired midi note. I'm not able to do that. maybe it's because i don't understand some basic rules about beat mapping.. anyway i enclose the print screen. the bad drawing points to the bar line i'm unable to draw the beat mapping yellow line on. thanks for the help regards[img]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5862/zrzutekranu20110627godz.png[/img]
  • MorryNYC
    Not sure if this is the best solution, but could you just trim the blank space off of the beginning of the region so that the first beat lines up with 1 1 1 1, then map everything else as per usual?
  • Foxokea
    thanks for the reply. i can do that.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: