macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    external harddrive
    hey guys, was after some advice on storage of my sounds packs and effects. over the last year ive bought several packs and i just dropped them all on a folder on my desktop, which has made the harddrive full and messy. i want to have them all saved to a external hard drive so how do i go about doing this obviously i can just drag and drop them onto the external hd then delete them from my internal hd. but then how do i go about finding them in logic and whats the best way to organise them? different sounds in different folders or different genres in seperate folders? hope this makes sense
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: external harddrive
    Are these loops (which now reside in Logic's Loops Browser)? If they are then simply move the folder to a new location on your new HD and then drag the folder on top of the Loop Browser in Logic. This will re-index the browser and add those loops to your loop browser. If it's 3rd party instrument sounds etc, then we'll need names! ;-) I'd refer to each instruments manual to check on where and how it references these presets/sounds.
  • drusif
    i have loads of various packs, all of them contain some wav loops sampler patches with kick hits snares etc then also sounds and effects. im happy with how they filed atm i just want them on the external harddrive really. so just wanna no how i find them in logic through there
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. So, if they're not being directly used in EXS24 Instruments or they are not available in Logic's Loops Browser then there's no problem. Just move them to wherever you wish on the external HD. :)
  • drusif
    then with the loops i can just import the from the import audio file option and the hits i can open the exs and search them off the hard drive that way?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: