macProVideo.com
Forums
  • msandm
    Compressor Won't Open. Video Card??
    After being able to use Compressor without an issue it is now telling me it can't open, with this message 'Compressor requires that your system have a Quartz Extreme Capable video card'. Nothing has changed, I have not changed my video card and now this is happening. I don't think I can go a week without there being some kind of computer issue with my new setup. I never thought I'd say this but I had far less issues with my old Windows PC. Please help, Damian
  • msandm
    Re: Compressor Won't Open. Video Card??
    I have now restarted my computer and it now works. I didn't change a thing. Just restarted it. Any thoughts as to what is happening here. It seems as though my computer has issues..Thanks, Damian
  • Peter Schwartz
    Could you post back with a list of your system specs, i.e., which Mac, processors, speed, RAM, OS, etc.
  • msandm
    Here are the specs in the about this Mac section: Hardware Overview: Model Name: Mac Pro Model Identifier: MacPro5,1 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 8 GB Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s Boot ROM Version: MP51.007F.B03 SMC Version (system): 1.39f11 SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f11 Serial Number (system): YM0490LTEUE Serial Number (processor tray): J504701SPCZJB Hardware UUID: FD114148-0364-5CA6-88E9-DB37682F9503 Does this explain anything?
  • Rounik Admin
    Personally, I would consider doing a hardware diagnostic test (or better taking it to your local Apple store to check out) - because you simply shouldn't have been experiencing all the issues you've been referring to.
  • msandm
    I think that's a good idea. It does seem weird that I am having these issues, the computer is only 2 weeks old. Thanks for your help.... Damian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: