macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Japetoi
    quintuplet or poly-rhythms in logic
    hi Steve H.. thanks for the great tips. Query.. .. how do you create a quintuplet or poly-rhythms using the midi notes in the piano roll window? i tryed selecting a group of 5 notes and then applying the 5-tuplet/4 quantize.. one note went missing and a interesting spacing resulted. i know is it possible to get the Midi notes to reflect the Score and Vice versa.. .. but not how. here is my: easter@musicsoundcreations.tv Cheer, Easter
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: quintuplet or poly-rhythms in logic
    You didn't mention what kinds of note values you entered. Did you enter 8ths or quarters?
  • Peter Schwartz
    That question aside, there's a fairly easy way to enter odd tuplets in the score editor.
  • MorryNYC
    Is this one of those "How do you keep an idiot in suspense?" things? 'Cause I'm DYIN' to know.
  • Rounik Admin
    While we wait for Ski to reveal the answer I'm starting a drum roll to add to the suspense..... :)
  • Peter Schwartz
    (What Rounik doesn't know is that I'm setting him up for a Guinness Book of World record-breaking "world's longest sustained snare drum roll").
  • Rounik Admin
    (tell me about it....my arms are pretty tired now... what's the previous Snare roll record?)
  • Peter Schwartz
    By an individual or group? Oh, right, in your case I guess it would be individual. Right. So I think the record is something like 24 hours of continuous drumming. On a more or less serious note, I'll post about how to do enter tuplets later today.
  • Peter Schwartz
    [img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4875/picture29f.png[/img] Here are instructions for arriving at what you see above: 1) in the partbox, select a note that has a [i]smaller[/i] rhythmic value than the value you want to see in the tuplet. As you can see here, my goal was to create a 5:4 quarter note tuplet, so I started off by selecting an 8th note 2) enter that note on the downbeat of where you want the tuplet to start 3) select the tuplet "tool", represented by the -[i]n[/i]- symbol in the partbox, and drag it on top of the note you just placed in the score 4) a tuplet dialog box will appear. I then configured it as shown: [img]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1112/picture31y.png[/img] 5) Hit OK on the dialog box. What you will now see in the score is a quarter note followed by 4 quarter rests (not shown). Drag notes from the part box to each of those rests. If necessary, adjust the pitch and length of the notes as necessary, either right there in the score editor, or, in the piano roll or event list. This procedure will work for any type of tuplet, including duplets.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Oh, and Rounik? You can stop drumming now. The blisters will be fully healed in about 2 weeks. : - )
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: