macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bob C
    64 bit Logic
    Hello, I finally took the plunge and loaded Snow Leopard, hoping to achieve a 64 bit Logic...hoping to utilize the 13 gigs of RAM I have installed. I understand there is a 4 gig limit with the 32 bit Logic and that the 64 bit will increase the limit to 24 gigs..... Unfortunately, Logic 9.14 says it is still in 32 bit. I thought it would automatically change to 64 bit when I opened Logic for the first time after the install. I did a search, but did not find the solution on the forum. Is there something I have to change in Logic to change to the 64 bit mode...I have been hitting the wall with memory issues in Logic.... Thanks, Bob
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 64 bit Logic
    Hi Bob, Under Snow Leopard and with Logic 9.1.x you can run Logic in 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Because many 3rd party plugins haven't yet jumped on board the 64-bit train, by default, Logic is set to run in 32-bit mode. - Quit Logic. - Go to: Applications/ - Select Logic.app and hit Command-I (or File > Get Info) - Uncheck "Open in 32-bit mode". - Launch Logic and enjoy virtually unlimited ram! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: