macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    looking for in depth info on Tempophone and Speed
    Not a lot of details around on using those algorithms. Anyone have some good places to check? Flextime editing is not it. That is mainly standard flex work. These are very unique.
  • Hamish H
    Re: looking for in depth info on Tempophone and Speed
    Hi Victor Page 530 in the Logic manual describes the tempophone effect, and you can find some history about the original tempohone on the net eg: [url]http://www.sfu.ca/sonic-studio/handbook/Tempophone.html[/url] I don't think its intended to be as functional or invisible as normal flex. Its a special effect, I think its up to you to experiment with on whatever material you want. I've used it before - I made three copies of a 4 bar loop, then stretched them all out to 2 minutes using three different flex algorithms. One of them was tempophone. The end result was great, the loops turned out totally different and sounded really sonicly interesting when played together. They were like three unique variations on the same theme. I'd love to try it out on some vocals actually - tempohone creates a lot of artifacts so it could really make things sound interesting. Try some experiments Victor and let us know what happens! Cheers Hamish
  • Rohogay
    Re: looking for in depth info on Tempophone and Speed
    Hey thanks for the info. I saw the "Blurb" for the Tempophone on page 530 prior to having posted. I had also done some experimenting but was mostly looking for some details from Apple since they made it, thinking it would be a good set of guidelines for knowing what to expect. I too did some stuff without he Speed Function. Here is a clip I made up as a 30 year anaversery of Van Halen's FAIR WARNING album. 30 yearsâ¦! unbelievable. I had to play most of the guitar parts but was able to do it such that it's undetectable. Anyway, here's my Spead clip and Its only a demo, still working it up. Tempophone is not being used but I was going to do some You tube digging and the likes. Thanks much. [url]http://www.putlocker.com/file/E81537325B866EF7[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: