macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bob C
    New Error message since changing to Snow Leopard
    Hello, Since I have changed to Snow Leopard and went to 64 bit some interesting things have started occuring. I am getting an error message that says: Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI. Sample rate 42441 recogized. Check conflect between Logic Pro and external device. I've noted that the number above has changed on occasion when I get the message. See snaps. I also looked at CPU usage. It is hitting the red when everything is turned on. I'm using mostly UAD plugs and thought the CPU usage should be down? Anyway, I'm getting distortion in a big way. Interestingly, the distortion drops as I mute tracks. Any thoughts on how to fix. I've noticed that sometimes on the CPU meter that not all of them are envolved all the time...perhaps this is normal? I opened up and played at least one other song and found no distortion. I suspect that the CPU usage is the culprit.... Thoughts and suggestions on how to fix? Just noticed I need to host images to attached them. Not sure how to do that. Ping me and I'll send a reply with the attachments. Thank you, Bob
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: New Error message since changing to Snow Leopard
    Does the same thing happen when you're working in 32-bit mode?
  • Bob C
    Hello Ski, Just switched back to 32 bit mode to try it. Interestingly, the distortion is gone. The CU meter shows (in 32 bit mode) that the CPU usage is in the middle across the board. When in 64 bit mode, the bars are in the middle for each bar except for the bar on the far right, which is in the red. (which is where I'm guessing the distortion is coming from) I have also noted, not sure this is important, that the 32 bit bridge while in 64 bit mode often will not shut down. Logic asks me if I want to force quit it or not. Which I have to do just to shut down at the end of a session.... I wonder if the CPU is really having to work that much harder in 64 bit mode? And why only the bar on the right is pegging the needle, as it were? Thanks, Bob
  • Peter Schwartz
    Hmmm.... not sure I can add much more... It's my understanding that in 64 bit mode, Logic is supposed to distribute processing evenly (more or less) amongst all cores. What computer are you running?
  • Bob C
    Hello Ski, Working on a 3ghz tower with 13 gigs of ram and the newly installed Snow Leopard. Thanks, Bob
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: