macProVideo.com
Forums
  • definfected
    Double MIDI Notes
    I just started using the M-Audio Keystation Pro and now my midi notes get doubled when i record everything. I do not use any particular setting on the midi controller. I just turn it on and go. How can I fix or disable this problem? Thank you.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Double MIDI Notes
    You say you're not using any particular setting on the controller, but I'm not sure you can use it without having at least [i]some[/i] kind of setting selected! And I'll bet that setting -- whatever it may be, and there has to be one -- is either: - transmitting on the same channel twice, or... - transmitting on two different channels To figure out what's going on, record just one note (the sound doesn't matter). Then open the event list and post back with details on what you see (posting a screenshot of your event list would be helpful here). I can pretty much guarantee that you're either going to see two notes on the same MIDI channel, or, two notes but with different MIDI channels.
  • steveH
    Another possibility is that you have both a USB and MIDI cable transmitting data to you CPU. It's common mistake. Let me know! Steve
  • definfected
    It actually was a setting on the controller..haha I normally have that part of it covered and I went to look since you mentioned the settings and there it was, Zone 3 and 4 selected. It's all taken care of now. Thanks so much for helping Ski and Steve.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Yep!
  • steveH
    Double yep!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: