macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lahmur
    Bouncing track
    Hi I have just finished recording a stereo piano track which is approx. 3.1/2 minutes long.I have bounced it to the bounce folder but the file is over 500mb it looks as if it has added all the unrecorded space as well. I bounced several tracks before this which were around 45mb in size but can't figure out what I did with this last piece. Tanks for your help Joe Lahart
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bouncing track
    Hi Joe, It sounds like you've bounced the entire project length to an audio file. An easy to see if this is the case is to drag the bounced file from the Bin on to a new audio track in the Arrange area. If the region stretches to the end of the project then you probably didn't specify the start and end points of your bounce. Either use the green cycle area in the Bar Ruler to specify which area of the Arrangement you wish to bounce or in the Bounce Dialog window enter values for the start and End points of the project you wish to bounce. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Bouncing track
    Yup, I agree. Your project length (as may be viewed in the Transport, where the length is displayed in bars) is probably what you bounced. So you know, Logic doesn't automatically bounce a file according to the length of recorded material. You have to manually set the start and end of your bounce, and that's done by using the method that Rounik described -- setting the cycle length to reflect the start and end of your bounce. Another way of putting this is: setting the L and R locators to reflect the length of your bounce, and then turning Cycle on. And there are many ways of setting the L and R locators, including the key command that sets the L/R locators to reflect the length of a selected region(s). Finally, you don't have to re-bounce your part to reduce the file length. Lay up the bounce on a new audio track. Then trim that region in the arrange area. Next, open the sample editor and use the trim function and your file will be permanently ("destructively") shortened to the length of the region. Before you commit, though, make sure that you listen carefully to the start and end of the recording to be sure you're not going to truncate the beginning/end with this operation.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: