macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gordonjgray
    Deleting Loops from the Loop Library
    How does one clear-out unwanted third party loops from the Apple Loop Library? The manual only tells how to add third-party loops, but does not mention clearing out loops you don't want. I can't locate them on the hard drive.
  • Hamish H
    Re: Deleting Loops from the Loop Library
    the apple loops that came with Logic are in HD > Library > Audio but I'm not sure about third party - if they're not there too they might still be in the original location, maybe still in your downloads folder? H
  • Rounik Admin
    Further to what Hamish says, you'll find 3rd party loops - and your own - in: HD / Users / *Your Home Folder* / Library / Audio / Apple Loops / Hope that helps Rounik
  • gordonjgray
    Rounik, there is no 'Library' subdirectory under my home folder. There is a 'Library' sub under HD, and I can follow this to Audio/Apple Loops/Apple, but the third party loops are not located in any of the subs in there, i.e. Garageband, Sountrack, iLife and the Jam Packs...
  • Peter Schwartz
    There *has* to be a Library folder in your Home folder. HD/Users/*Your HOME Folder*/Library (etc.....)
  • Rounik Admin
    [i]There *has* to be a Library folder in your Home folder.[/i]" Yes... but it could be hidden! Check out Tip #1 in Francesco's MPV Hub article: "5 OS X Lion Settings Snow Leopard Users Will Love" [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/mac-osx/5-os-x-lion-settings-snow-leopard-users-will-love[/url] :)
  • Peter Schwartz
    Hidden? Oh, that's really useful (insert rolling eyes emoticon here)... LOL! So to confirm, there does indeed have to be a Library folder, but it [ahem] might be hidden?
  • Rounik Admin
    Yeah, in Lion by default the user level Library folder is simply hidden from the Finder (just like in all iterations of OSX hidden files are well, kinda hidden from view too!) Apple like to remove the complexity for the user because seeing a library folder in the root and user locations might cause our brains to hurt. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: