macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jebekiu
    step sequencer
    hi, building a step sequencer in logic's environment anyone. regards, PS
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: step sequencer
    Yup. I made a Step Sequencer in Logic's Environment... a couple of small bugs if I remember right - but it works ok. What do you want to know? :)
  • Jebekiu
    Hi, is it possible to post the environment on the site. regards, PS
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, I've been considering it for while - but haven't had a chance to perfect it unfortunately. In the meantime, you know there's lot of Environment goodies here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=22544[/url] I'll take a look at my Step Sequencer and see what state it's in. What stage are you at with your sequencer? :)
  • Jebekiu
    hi, I've n't buildt one, Can't you post it regards PS
  • Rounik Admin
    To be honest, I was going to use it in a video tutorial... or at least in an MPV Hub series. It might be a bit too complex, but we'll see. So, a question for you. Would you like to learn the theory behind it and how to make it? :)
  • Peter Schwartz
    PS, Curious to know what kinds of things you'd like to do with the step sequencer, as there are certain limitations you might run into (depending on what you're trying to do). Can you elaborate? Thanks, PS (Ski)
  • Rounik Admin
    Further to what Ski says... I'd recommend checking out my cameo in Steve H's Logic TNT3 on creating a visual metronome. The whole foundation for creating a Step Sequencer is Logic's Click object ;-) I certainly want to share my Step Sequencer, but I'd like to do so in a way that makes the most sense (i.e. through a Hub series and/or video). :)
  • bobdemaa
    Rounik, did you ever post a link to your step sequencer Environment? It looks great. I messed around with making one last year, and was going to use a touch screen overlay, but then I got the iPad and Polysteparp application which was so much more then I could have programmed. Still, would love to play with your environment if it is available. cheers! Bob
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Bob, Well, now I've checked out PolyStep Arp, I'm definitely not going to post my Step Sequencer Environment ;-) Poly Step Arp looks great! I don't have anywhere near that level of functionality in this step sequencer. For some purposes the Hyper Editor is much better too... (don't want everyone to get their hopes up). Have been thinking about ways to make it work better... just don't have much time to do so. Still considering releasing it into the wild via The MPV Hub. Might be a step too far (sic) to create a written Hub tutorial on how to re-create it... but we'll see. Thanks for your patience & interest! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: