macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    NI Maschine/Logic Ultrabeat/Sonic Charge Microtonic
    Hullo. I'm on the verge of buying Maschine BUT I need to know whether I can use Ultrabeat's step sequencer ' hands on' from Maschine's own. It would be great to have that control from outside of Logic to free me from the mouse. Likewise with Sonic Charge's Microtonic, which is a great drum machine. Is it easy to control Ultrabeat from Maschine ? Some people said I wouldn't need Ultrabeat if I got Maschine but I don't know. I have a very little-used Kore 2 and have been offered Maschine at a special price ( discontinuation of Kore 2 ) but I would only get it if it is totally compatible with Logic. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: NI Maschine/Logic Ultrabeat/Sonic Charge Microtonic
    Hi Logicluvva, AFAIK you can setup Maschine to control any of Logic's instruments... However, remember that Ultrabeat's Step Sequencer can't be programmed without using a mouse. If you want to use a MIDI Controller to create sequences in UB... it's just not possible right now. However, you can trigger the sounds and build up your pattern in Logic's Arrange and use the Hyper Editor/Piano Roll etc. If you're getting Maschine I'd recommend checking out what the NI software can do... it's pretty awesome from what I've seen! Cheers Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Thanks for the reply, Rounik. I was wondering if the Step Sequencer in Maschine could be able to be the 'puppeteer' of Ultrabeat ? But as you say, maybe Maschine will blow me away on it's own. I have Battery 3, Microtonic , iDrum, D16 classic emulations, Addictive Drums....all have their distinct character...but I have a love for Ultrabeat because it is the first tutorial I got from MacProVideo.You always remember your first ! Ha Ultrabeat gets criticised cos it doesn't appear to have that instant ' punch' but it's how you use it within the song ( and what effects chain you choose ) that counts. I love it. As it's a synthesizer of drums...I was hoping that the control side would be kinder to my mouse-hand if Maschine were to be used. It would be brilliant to have an external controller that simulates the hardware aspect of drum programming. I think this is a common barrier for many drum plug-ins and Apple. I dunno. Cos I'm just getting into Ultrabeat's full power when using the whole oscillator inter-relationship. Thanks, as always.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey logicluvva, I believe Maschine could control UB's sequencer - but couldn't write notes into UB's sequencer. Depends on how you set it up. Ha! You always remember the first indeed! I think my first 3rd party plugin I loved was Spectrasonics' Atmosphere. And I fondly remember Martin's Logic 7 101 video series and book (at the time). Both inspired me to such a degree that I wanted to learn and teach Logic too! But definitely, not being a Maschine owner, check out what NI offer in terms of integration. And stay tuned to macProVideo.com too ... ;-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: